Griffiths Renal Consulting
Kidney Expert Witness
Board Certified Nephrologist and Hypertension Specialist
I provide an honest assessment of the medical facts to determine whether health care professionals or healthcare entities delivered the standard of care performance or committed medical negligence. Based on my medical education and experience and expert witness background, I explain complex kidney issues so that attorneys, jurors, and laypersons understand the science and how it impacts a person’s health.
• B.A. in Human Biology – Stanford University
• Medical Degree – Rutgers University
• Masters in Public Health – Rutgers University
• I am available for expert witness consultations to both defense and plaintiff attorneys.
• I have reviewed over forty expert witness cases.
• I have been deposed and testified in cases involving acute kidney injury/kidney failure, hyperkalemia, life expectancy, end stage renal disease, and dialysis.
• As a kidney doctor in a major metropolitan area, I have cared for kidney patients with Covid-19 (coronavirus infection).
• I am an owner/partner of a nephrology practice in Washington, DC.
• I have been practicing nephrology for 12 years.
• I care for over 250 dialysis patients.
• I am the medical director of two highly rated dialysis facilities in Washington, DC. In 2018, both facilities were rated 5 out of 5 stars for safety by Medicare guidelines.
• I have taught nephrology and internal medicine to medical residents.
• I speak nationally to heath care professionals about new products related to renal care.
• Castle Connolly Top Nephrologist
• America’s Top Physician in Nephrology by Consumer Research Council of America
• One of the “Top 10 Nephrologist” by the American Registry
• Fellow of the American Society of Nephrology (ASN)
• Selected (by the American Society of Nephrology) to serve on the Practicing Nephrology Group, the Nephrology Diversity and Inclusion Work Group. and the American Society of Nephrology Workforce and Training Committee
View CV Download
Areas Of Expertise
- Renal Transplant
- Peritoneal Dialysis
- Home Hemo Dialysis
- Critical Care
- Renal Stones
- Renal Mass
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Diabetic Nephropathy
- Medical Director
Preferred contact is Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, so I can respond quick or call (202) 877-5408 between 9 am to 4 pm M – F.
Kidney Patient Consults
For kidney patients seeking an in-office or telehealth consultation, refer to my nephrology practice website: www.metrorenalassoc.com or call (202) 877-5408